Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Baby # 4 is a...

GIRL!!

{Baby Girl Gifford is waving at you}

We have never done this before but we scheduled a gender ultrasound this time.  It has always frustrated me how all my Florida friends find out several weeks before I do what they are having.  My sister had the idea that we should just pay and have an ultrasound done so we could find out sooner....so that is what we did.  We were beginning to wonder if we were even going to get to find out today.  Baby girl is so ladylike that she didn't want to uncross her legs.  Finally after me turning side to side and walking around she decided to cooperate.
Eric and I have been so nervous.  It has been such mixed emotions because our hearts desire has always been to have a daughter at some point.  After being told we would never get pregnant again...we didn't know if that would happen.  I was so afraid of my reaction if this baby was a boy.  I feel so blessed to even be pregnant and the last thing I wanted was to seem ungrateful.  BUT I have 3 boys, who wouldn't want a little girl?  
My Dad's wife Elsie, told me when I first got pregnant that she knew this was going to be a girl.  She said that I had to have faith and speak it out loud.  I began to do that...but only by myself.  I began to speak it and believe it.  I had this feeling that this was our girl but I didn't know if it was because I wanted it so badly or because I had faith (it can be very confusing).
My Mom sent me an email last week that talked about Hannah (1 Samuel 1:10-11) and how she was barren and prayed and begged God to give her a son.  She promised Him that if He did, she would give him back to the Lord.  The title of my Mom's email was, "It's ok to ask God for a girl."  Honestly, that made me feel so much better because that is what I was already thinking/praying.
Last night, Gavin asked me if he could pray for the baby.  He put his little hands on my tummy and said, "Dear God, we aren't asking for much but could you please give us a little girl.  We love you.  Amen." So simple and yet so heartfelt.  He then told me that he hoped when I picked him up from school that I would still be crying because I was so happy.
When I picked Gavin up from school, of course the first thing he wanted to know was "what is it?" I told him that the baby in Mommy's tummy was a girl.  He was so excited, he was screaming.  He asked if we cried and I told him that we held back tears, he said he was holding back tears too.  I told him that Jesus had heard our prayers and he loves us so much that he gave us what we asked him for.  Our wise beyond his years 7 year old said, "yep, just like the Bible says, ask and it will be given to you."
The way that all of this has happened is just so...God.  This is the perfect ending to His story.

Growing up...I always wanted to be a Mom.  
I can remember as a little girl carrying my cabbage patch doll, Emma around church.  
She had green eyes and blonde hair just like me.  
I never had these big ambitions for a career...I always just wanted to be a Mom.  
Fast forward several years and after struggling with years of infertility and having 2 surgeries we were given the gift of 3 amazing sons.  
I was told that my baby having days are most likely over, that I will not ovulate anymore.  
Eric and I still had a desire to add a daughter to our family, a baby sister for all these big brothers to protect.
We start discussing going back to the fertility Doctor.  
Then without even trying we become pregnant, a surprise miracle pregnancy.
God loves us so much, He remembered that little girl carrying her baby doll around.  
He knew that we wanted a daughter and he blessed us with one.  
A perfect ending to His story and a perfect completion to our family.  

We are all so grateful for baby Hensley Faith Gifford.

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. (Matthew 7:7)



8 comments:

The Holt's said...

Wow! I should have waited to read this until I was home. Tears at work can be hard to explain. I am so excited for you guys and I love her name!

Lori said...

I'm so excited for you! Somehow I missed that you were pregnant, so this is even more exciting! Congratulations! I know how badly you wanted a little girl.

Jen K. said...

Huzzah! Baby Girl Hensley, we can't wait to meet you!

We are beyond thrilled for you all. What an amazing little boy Gavin is, a wonderful reminder of the power of child like faith.

Christi said...

I am so excited for you!!! Congrats on getting your little girl.

ReBenMyers said...

Love her precious name. So very excited for you guys.

Katie said...

so encouraging to hear your story of God working through your fertility struggles and then blessing you with a baby without having to go through that part. What a miracle! congratulations on your little girl!

gaurimart said...

Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.

Mee Mee Caring Baby Wet Wipes

gaia olive oil 5 litre

Anonymous said...

bella