Friday, December 19, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday Gavin!!

Gavin turned 4 on December 8th. I cannot believe that he is already 4!! We had a pirate birthday party for him. As most of you know...Gavin is severely allergic to milk so we thought it would be really nice to have a milk-free party...I mean he deserves to be able to eat everything at his own party, right??? I usually just make him a little cake and then buy a pretty one that everyone else can eat. However, since it was a milk-free party I had to make the cake for everyone because there is not anyone that makes cakes that do not contain milk. Lets just say that I got in a little over my head. After about 4 hours decorating the cake...I felt it was complete; only to find out a few hours later that the bow of my boat was falling off--panic, complete and total panic. I flipped out....so the next day (only a few hours til the party) Eric and I spent about another hour trying to fix my pirate ship. I think I pulled it off pretty well considering that this was my first pirate ship cake....and my last!!! Trust me, it is worth every penny that a beautifully decorated cake cost. My goal for 2009 will be to find someone who makes milk free cakes.







Gavin and Nolen with Cousins Kellen and Wyatt

Daddy Pirate and Gavin
Cousin Elliott and Mamaw










1 comments:

Wifey Luther said...

that cake is amazing!! great job mommy allison.