Friday, January 30, 2009

Our visit from Mom, Krista and Ayla!

Mom, Krista and Ayla came up for a visit this past weekend. Ayla and the boys LOVE each other. Let me put it this way...Ayla tried to make out with Gavin after lunch on Sunday (after eating pizza, ice cream, etc.) and he broke out. I'm talking like full on....red as a beet, breathing treatment, coughing--the whole thing (severely allergic to milk). Nolen is still asking where Ayla is....they just love each other--it makes me so happy.
Nolen thoroughly enjoyed our lunch on Sunday. We went to a local restaurant where the kids lunch includes desert and Nolen got a "baby bellini". This kid LOVES food (seriously--I don't think he knows when he's full, he will eat til he throws up). Anyways....he really enjoyed his desert and so did Ayla. He was so cute eating his little cookie thing and dipping it in his bellini...he just couldn't get enough.





We didn't do a whole lot other than go to our awesome Church on Sunday. Oh yeah, and I took on a project of making a window panel for Ayla's room. Let's just say that I got in a little over my head. I am pretty pleased with the way it turned out but I "struggled" with my bobbin and broke like 3 needles. BUT, after 6 hours of pulling my hair out (and some assistance from good ole Mom) I finally finished....check it out!!!





So....that means I have completed 2 projects now--next is a bed skirt and maybe even a duvet cover for our bed.....
Here is a pic of my other project (side light panels for my door).

1 comments:

ReBenMyers said...

wow great job. I love to sew. I know the frustration of breaking needles and uncooperative bobbins. I love the curtain, is that brown and pink toile? My girls room will be pink and white toile. I hope all goes well with your projects. God Bless.