Friday, April 3, 2009

Our Trip to Florida!

Ok....a long time ago, after Nolen got over rotavirus...me, Gavin and Nolen took a little trip to Florida. It went something like this.
*We got to hear a tornado siren for the first time in our lives. That was fun. We were taking a bathroom break in Montgomery...when all of a sudden it sounded like someone was blowing a horn in my ear. Freaked out, called Eric and drove as quickly as possible south. Thirty minutes later, Gavin informed me that he was "scared half to death and his legs were still shaking."
*Got to the construction zone, I mean Mom's house. Don't get me wrong...I knew exactly what I was getting myself into. I needed to get out of town so bad that I honestly didn't care. BUT, when I woke up Sunday morning and it was 30 degrees in the living room--not exaggerating--I thought for a quick second, WHAT WAS I THINKING??? So, we got dressed really fast and we sat in the warm car while I put my makeup on. Did I mention that it hardly ever gets down to 30 degrees in Florida?
*Went shopping ALL day with Krista and 3 kids. I mean all day.....like 8 hours. Krista got a horrible migraine. Dropped her off and went back out to Mom's (which was much warmer)....fed the boys dinner. Mom accidentally gave Gavin vegetable chips that had milk in them. He ate like 2 of them before we realized. Mom prayed for him and nothing happened...thank you Jesus (more on that later).
*Haven't worked out...well pretty much ever and for some strange reason I decided to go to Mama Elsie's bootcamp Tuesday. Totally asked for it....almost died--was sore for 5 days.
*Drove home, got McDonald's...Nolen took a drink of Gavin's tea after eating chicken nuggets which have milk in them. Gavin informed me later, "Mommy, I know that my sweet tea had chicken nuggets in it, but I prayed and asked Jesus to take them out of my body and he did." LOVE that kid!
So, even though it doesn't sound so great....we had a pretty good trip. No one was sick, we avoided the tornadoes and we got to see family and all in all it was a great trip. Glad we went.


Heres a few pics from our trip. Honestly, I didn't take very many.

Trouble!!

Cousin Alexa, Cousin Ayla and Gavin


Jeremy, Me and Krista! This picture doesn't happen very often!

1 comments:

Dianne Guthmuller said...

Good News! The remodel is almost done AND it's spring in Florida! Come for another visit...soon!

Love you!
~Mom