Friday, April 3, 2009

Same hospital, different kid!

We have had a rough month around here with sickness. First, we all got some 24 hour virus--on different days--Eric got it twice. It was not fun! Then, Eric got a sinus infection.
Then the fun really started. Gavin started coughing and wheezing and he did not stop. I called the Doctor and took him in. By the time we got to the Doctor...I was starting to freak out. We waited in the waiting room for a few minutes and then I just took him back and found a nurse. She checked his pulse-ox (?) thing and it was pretty low. So, she went and got the Doctor. They gave him a breathing treatment which basically did nothing. Then came the oxygen. At this point I was pretty sure that we were going to the hospital....and I was right. We spent Saturday night at Children's Hospital. Gavin won the hearts of all the nurses and ate like 20 popsicles. We played games and watched movies and actually had some fun "Gavin and Mommy time."
I cannot end this post without telling a little story. Gavin had to get an IV for steroids. A child we have never seen before came out of him. He screamed at all of us--Eric, me and the 3 nurses it took to hold him down. He said "Mr.--you let go of me right now, Mr!!" followed by "I am going to count to 5 and you are going to let go of me. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5--THAT'S IT!" followed by "Daddy, you let go of me right now. I said NOW!" and on and on and on. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.....so I laughed.
He got out on Sunday afternoon. Diagnosis....not really sure. They ran every test under the sun on him and everything came back normal. They said it was probably caused by something environmental like mold, pollen, etc. Good to know, right??

0 comments: