Saturday, October 23, 2010

Breaking Glass!

Our first night at home with Cohen was pretty rough.  He had a hard time sleeping and so did we.  However, the next night he did great.....he nursed at 10:30, 2:30 and then again at 7:00.  Towards the end of my pregnancy I was not sleeping well between going to the bathroom and just being miserably uncomfortable.....so this was the most sleep I had had in a while. 
Then last night happened.  We went to be around 10:30 and I nursed the baby, I put him in his co-sleeper next to our bed.  He was whining and wouldn't go to sleep so I got him out of the crib and put him in the snuggle nest in our bed.  We finally fell asleep and then out of nowhere we here this crashing sound and glass breaking.  It scared me speechless, literally I could not form words.  Eric went into protector mode, came flying across the bed, tripped over the co-sleeper (breaking one of the legs on it and knocking it over) and ran out of the room.  He then realized that he didn't have any clothes on (my Mom is in town) and so he ran back in to put on shorts, again tripping over the co-sleeper, grabbed his gun and ran down the stairs. 
Turns out our clock that was over the mantle fell off the wall, making a whole lot of noise and breaking the glass on it....which went everywhere!  It scared us so bad, we thought someone was breaking in our home.  As we were talking about what happened, we realized that had Cohen been in the co-sleeper he would have been seriously hurt when Eric accidentally knocked it over.  I believe that God was protecting our precious baby last night....how many times does he save us from bad things happening to us and we don't even know it?  Thank you Jesus!!!

1 comments:

Mama O said...

Amazing! Glad all is well!