Saturday, February 26, 2011

4 Month Old Chunk of Love!

Cohen is 4 months old!  He is getting so big.....part of me loves watching him grow and part of me is so sad at how fast time is going by.  Gone are the days of him just eating and sleeping.  He is awake a lot and so alert.  He does not necessarily want to be held all the time.....but LOVES to be talked to.  He will stare you down just waiting for you to look at him so he can smile at you. 
He is drooling like crazy! I think he is teething (Eric says I have been saying that for a month)....he will not keep his hands out of his mouth.  Lately, he has been preferring his fist, fingers or thumb over his pacifier.  It is soooo cute when he has that little thumb in his mouth and his fingers curled around his nose BUT I cannot take his fingers away....so I am gonna keep giving him the paci. 
He does not have the little baby stick legs anymore.  His legs are CHUNKY!
He has such a laid back personality.  He is the happiest baby.  He is very ticklish on his fat legs and under his neck rolls.....we LOVE to hear him giggle so he gets tickled a lot. 
At his 4 month well visit, Cohen weighed 16 lbs 7.5 oz (80th percentile).  He was 25.5 inches long (70th percentile) and like his Daddy, still has a huge head in the 93rd percentile.
He is still wearing 3-6 months but some of it is pretty snug.  He will be moving up very soon.  He wears a size 3 diaper. 
He is rolling over from his stomach to his back....he does not enjoy tummy time at all.

I guess we are going to start him on solids {sigh}.  I don't want to.....but our pediatrician recommended that we go ahead and start.  He says that research is now showing that babies who are started on solids around 4 months are less likely to have food allergies.  I did not start Gavin or Nolen until 6 months.  Gavin has a severe milk allergy and if there is anything that I can do that might prevent Cohen from having to deal with allergies...I will do it.  But that doesn't mean that I like it.....anyone heard of this or have an opinion about it?

3 comments:

Krista said...

such a little cutie! So glad I got to snuggle him...

dianne Guthmuller said...

I sure miss my "four month old chunk of love!" He is so sweet! Talk about loving people! What are God's plans for sweet Cohen? I can't wait to find out!

Love you! Give him a hug and kiss for Nanu!

NestBliss said...

I start food at 4 months but just once a day and really lazy about it. Mostly just banana and avocado - which I can just mash up myself with a little milk on the spot if we feel like doing it. low pressure and they don't get more than a couple spoon fulls. I don't really do rice cereal - single grains hard to digest and tastes horrible.