Thursday, February 26, 2009

Rotavirus is of the devil!!!

We have had a ROUGH week to say the least. I had planned for me and the boys to leave for Florida on Tuesday morning. Nolen started throwing up on Sunday.....then came fever and diarrhea. By Monday I knew this was no 24 hour bug and we would not be going--I was so bummed.By Tuesday morning we were at the ER for dehydration. He could not hold down anything and was lethargic (except for when he would hit himself in the stomach--probably because his poor little belly was hurting so bad).
Let me just say Zofran is a life saver. He threw up when we walked into the ER and they gave him Zofran and he did not throw up again while we were there and was actually able to hold down some Powerade. Today is the first day that he has gotten off of the couch and is actually playing.
I literally have not been able to do anything except sit and hold him. Thank God for my mother-in-law coming over and doing my throw up and diarrhea laundry and disinfecting everything!!! Finally, yesterday he took a 3 hour nap in his own bed and I was able to do some laundry and disinfect everything again. I am sure he has lost a few lbs. since he has not really eaten a meal since Saturday night--but he did eat some dry cheerios this morning.
I knew he was starting to feel better last night when I sneezed and he said "Bwess you Mommy"--man I love that little voice. I remember when I was trying sooooo hard to get pregnant and I would often say that I wanted so badly to have a baby to care for....and when they were sick they would want me. Thank you Jesus--I have that now...and even though I hate it when they are sick, I LOVE that I get to be the one to sit and hold them and take care of them.

1 comments:

ReBenMyers said...

Oh girl, I know exactly how you feel. I believe it is just a small piece of God's Grace that He gives to moms when we are covered in snot, vomit, diarreah and other bodily slim. I love it when my babies only want me and then they fall asleep on me or just want to cuddle. God is so good.