Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Crying over basketball.....

Not Gavin.....me.  I have no idea why.  Actually, I do.  It was amazing to see my son, my baby big boy so excited to show us what he had learned. 
Gavin went to Basketball Camp last week.  It was kind of a last minute decision to send him.  To be honest, I was really worried about how he would do.  Let me just say, the Coaches were amazing.  To be able to entertain kids this age for 6 hours a day and them have so much fun that they don't want to leave....they are definitely doing something right.  They have a great program and Gavin learned so much.


On Friday they had a little "parents hour" to show us what they had been doing all week.
This was Gavin with his favorite Coach.  Coach Wolfe played both basketball and football and Gavin just thought he was so cool.  They even had a special handshake. 
We were soooo proud of Gavin.  He had a great attitude.  6 hours is a long time for a 6 year old to play basketball, every day for 5 days.  Gavin loved every second of it.
I think that this was the first time that I saw passion from Gavin about a sport (other than surfing) and it literally brought tears to my eyes.  Every time he would do something he would look at his Daddy to make sure that he approved.  You could tell that he was proud of himself and what he could do.
And these little guys cheered for their big brother.



1 comments:

Krista said...

cute!!! SO glad he liked it and did well!! But one ?....are those Nike's on his feet? Wow!! Never seen anything but vans on the kid...lol