Saturday, August 13, 2011

Our Vacation--Part 3

This day was spent in Belize and was by far the roughest day we had.  We didn't originally have a excursion booked here but were told when we got on the cruise that where we were going to be in Belize wasn't a safe place to go and explore and that you really needed to have something booked.  So....we ran out and booked a 6 hour excursion (2 hours by boat and then the rest on a bus and at the Mayan Ruins).  BIG mistake!
I am from Florida and I don't know if I have EVER been that hot in my life.  We were on a boat for 2 hours....a boat in the middle of the water (we went up a river?).  A boat with ZERO shade in 105 degree scorching heat.

Eric and his brother Sean and their babies (Cohen and Cade-3 months apart)

Daddy and his little guy.

Always happy.....even when he is sweaty and hot.

Once we got to the Mayan Ruins.....it was pretty cool.  Eric loves anything having to do with History so he was LOVING it.  Other than the mosquitoes eating me alive....it wasn't sooooo bad.

There are stairs that go all the way up this thing.....and of course we had to all go up.  So, we got our exercise for the day.....I carried Cohen all the way up and back down.  It was miserable!


Family picture from the top....ugh, we were so hot.


This is the excursion that I was referring to when I said, "had we known what we were in for we wouldn't have done it".  We could have paid someone $100 (less than $10 per person) to put us in an air conditioned van and drive us to the Mayan Ruins, we could have got out and walked around and then got back in the van and rode back.  Instead, we paid someone A LOT of $$$ to sweat, eat gross food and did I mention SWEAT?  Not our smartest move.....lesson learned.

1 comments:

Jen K. said...

These ruins are WAY better looking than the ones we saw in Cozumel. We drove there ourselves and I remember thinking I was glad we hadn't spent the extra money to go through the cruiseline. I think the lesson here is never visit Mayan Ruins, there's clearly no good happening at any of them.

Jeremy would like to add that he thinks it's insane how much Nolen looks like Eric.