Tuesday, April 6, 2010

11 Week and 3 Day Check-Up

I can't really do a 12 week check up because I am not 12 weeks yet.....but I had a Doctors appointment today and everything looks great!
First of all.....I only gained 1 pound!  This is the smallest amount of weight I have ever gained in a month while pregnant.  So.....I must say I am pretty proud of myself. 
I didn't see my regular Doctor today....it was the nurse practitioner so she was not familiar with my crazy pregnancy history.  She mentioned that because I am not quite 12 weeks...they may not be able to find the heartbeat by Doppler.  I asked her what would happen if they couldn't....she insinuated that they weren't concerned and I would just go on my way and hear the heartbeat next month.  That was NOT going to work for me!  I told her the fertility issues that we have had and that hearing or seeing the heartbeat is a HUGE relief for me. 
Soooo.....she decided to spare me the anxiety of trying to find it on the doppler and just give me an ultrasound.  It was the coolest thing.  In exactly 4 weeks....our baby has went from a lima bean to a baby!  It is the size of a lime but it is a baby....with hands and legs and feet, rubbing its eyes and kicking like crazy!!  It is the best feeling ever to know that there is a baby growing inside of me.
So....without further adeiu.....I introduce you to baby Gifford #3!

We could definitely see a little Nolen in this baby's profile!  We will find out towards the end of May or early June what we are having...then the fun begins!  Shopping!

According to TheBump this is what is going on with baby's development right now.

Baby's now the size of a lime!
Your fetus currently enjoys a 1:1 ratio between body and head, and has skin so transparent that blood vessels show right through it. But fingers and toes are no longer webbed, and hair follicles, tooth buds, and nail beds are forming -- setting up a significantly more attractive future.

4 comments:

Carley said...

You said it still counted for me to leave a comment even though I am only a few feet away from you. I am so so so excited for the baby, the little lime baby. She "I'm thinking positive, and calling baby a "girl" will be just as beautiful as the mother she is inside of. :) I love you!

Anonymous said...

Lime is a great color for girls! This is so much fun!!!

Love you,
Mom

Lori said...

What a difference two weeks makes! Your ultrasound looks a LOT more like a baby than mine (9 weeks 2 days).

Jen K. said...

Awesome!

I remember being so amazed at our 10 week ultrasound how he already looked like a baby, I was expected more of a blob : )

Can't wait for you to get the confirmation in May/June that it's a girl!!!