Monday, April 12, 2010

Emergency Bathroom Break!

For those of you who have boys.....you know one of the advantages are the "ease" of bathroom breaks.  No sitting on nasty toilet seats, if you are in the car you can just pull over and let them go.  If a true emergency arises you can just empty a water bottle.....which is what we did last week. 
We had been out to eat with Eric and a friend and Gavin had drank a little too much sweet tea.  We had no sooner got in the car and pulled out onto the road and Gavin starts saying he has to pee.  I don't know about you but my boys wait until the LAST possible minute before telling me they need to go.  He was literally about to wet his pants. 
So, I am in downtown Knoxville--I don't do well down there and so I was just focusing on trying to find the interstate.  I could not find anywhere to pull over--NOWHERE.  So, finally Gavin said "just give me that water bottle".  I handed it to him and he got out of his booster seat and stood up, pulled his pants down and began to go in the bottle. 
Well, I finally found the interstate and pulled over to the side of the on ramp.  Then it happened---when I stopped Gavin fell back in the seat, his P-Dog (that is what we call it) came out of the water bottle and pee went EVERYWHERE!!!! 
It got on Nolen (he said, "Mommy, Gavin just peed on me!"), on MY PURSE, on me and all over my car!  The only two people that pee did not get on was our friend Carley and Gavin.  We finally got things under control and cleaned everything up.  We laughed until we cried.  Gavin just kept saying, "Seriously, I am soooo sorry.  It was an accident!" 
So, we definitely made a memory last week.  I am not sure....maybe it would have been better to just let him pee in his seat.  Another joy of having a boy, works just like a sprinkler--they squirted me when they were babies and they are still squirting me!  Oh, but I love them!!

4 comments:

Carley said...

I have finally had my name into a entry. yesss. but gah. i love this story. i crack up just thinking about it. im so glad that i got to be there to witness the madness. haha

Krista said...

that is pretty funny!! Yes with Ayla i could never do that!! hahaha..

Jen K. said...

Seriously busted out laughing with this one!

Anonymous said...

You could have won $10,000 if you would hav gotten that on video!!!

Love you crazy Giffords!!!
Mom