Friday, April 9, 2010

Runaway Child!

So....I am sure this won't be the last time that one of my children threatens to run away but it was the first.  On Wednesday, Gavin asked me if he could have some Gatorade.  I said "No, you can have some water and then you can have Gatorade with dinner." 
He went on his way and a few minutes later I caught him heading out the front door with his indoor t-pee/tent and his sleeping bag.  I asked him where he was going and he said he was running away.  I told him that we would miss him and that every one in Florida would miss him when we go down there next week for vacation.  He said, "Actually, that is exactly where I am going--to Florida."
He then decided that he needed some more stuff before he leaves.  He went upstairs and came back down about 15 minutes later.  He had a pillow, his stuffed dragon and a bag.  Inside the bag were the following items which he informed me were "just memories", his football and basketball trophies, a bible, 2 books, a camo hat, house shoes, and his ticket stub from "How to Train your Dragon".  HA!
When asked how he was going to eat--especially with his milk allergy his response was, "just leave me alone to die"!  I'm thinking he may be a little dramatic--like his Daddy.
He quickly changed his mind and decided that he couldn't make it all the way to Florida so he was going to run away to the back yard (so he could still eat our food and see us).  When dinner time came....he came inside, ate dinner and didn't mention it again.  So....I guess he decided to live here for a while longer--and we are so glad!

7 comments:

The Holt's said...

That is so funny! He has quite an imagination.

Lori said...

"Just leave me alone to die" made me literally laugh out loud!

Krista said...

hahaha...he is soo funny!!

Carley said...

Reading the story makes me laugh, I am just glad I was actually there to witness it. Haha. Will there be a "after lunch, interstate pull-over" update that made the day that much more fun.

Anonymous said...

I can't stopping smiling over this one! I can't wait to squeeze him in a few days!

Love y'all!
Mom

Adrienne said...

That is hilarious, and you have to be proud that a Bible was included in his bag. LOL!

little giffords said...

That's hilarious - Gavin cracks me up just about every time he opens his mouth! You can tell him what my parents told me when I was "running away" - they would say, "That's fine, just don't leave the yard." And I would march in a square around the limits of our property for hours with whatever I'd decided to take with me for my "journey." Ha!