Thursday, April 29, 2010

Where Have We Been?

For those few of you who read my blog and wonder why it has been so long since I updated....we have been BUSY! 
We went to Florida for a 9 day vacation with a wedding and a Great Strides walk thrown in.  We had a great time.  As always....it was a little stressful trying to see everyone and still relax and somewhat enjoy "down time".  I definitely did not get to see everyone that I wanted to see.....but I just can't help it.  I always come home feeling guilty because I didn't call someone or get to see someone that I wanted to......but it is so hard when your whole family lives there and you don't get to see them enough as it is.  Ok...enough complaining, come to Tennessee and visit us--it is so much easier that way!
We got up on Sunday and went to Church.  Before we left....we went down to the beach for a walk.  The boys had so much fun finding shells and running.  It was a little bit of a challenge keeping them out of the water.

Wow....do my kids LOVE the beach!  They seriously will stay out there ALL day and not complain one time.  It is definitely the best vacation for our family.
The boys got to see dolphins almost every day we were there.  They were really close and Gavin was mesmerized.  You can see them checking them out in this picture.
I think they were meant to live in Destin on the beach.....we were told several times how they look like little surfer boys and should be models--personally I couldn't agree more :)!!
Especially....if you don't mind a little snot.  Sorry--salt water and allergies will do that to a kid.
They had fun being buried in the sand.
Nolen will lay on his face in the sand and it does not bother him one bit.  However, when you leave the beach if there is one spec of sand in his sandal he totally freaks out! 
Check out the "MerMan"
Nolen and Ayla had a great time playing on the beach too!
We got to eat at all of our favorite restaurants which is very important when in Destin.  I must admit I didn't get to eat EVERYTHING I wanted because of being pregnant.  Cooked sushi isn't quite the same and I didn't get to indulge in much fish--but it is totally worth it!  However, Eric was kind enough to indulge and inform me how amazing everything was. 
Gavin got to do the big trampoline bouncy thing....he really enjoyed it but could not seem to get the hang of the jumping thing.
And....of course no trip to the beach would be complete without Daddy taking the boys surfing.  Gavin LOVES it and had a blast.
Nolen on the other hand....not so much!

4 comments:

Krista said...

such good pictures!!

Anonymous said...

Come backkkkkkk....

Pictures make me miss y'all more!!!

Love you!

Mom

Lori said...

We lived in Jacksonville for 4.5 years. I totally understand how hard it is to try to see everyone you want to see, especially when both families live here! What worked best for us is sending out a mass email to everyone we wanted to see and (for example) saying, "We'll be at Crab Trap beach Saturday, 10am - 2pm. Please meet us there!" That way, we could knock out seeing like 20 friends at once! Hope we get to hang out next time you're in town. :)

Adrienne said...

Your beach pictures are awesome! It makes me want to go!