Monday, June 14, 2010

The Annual Gifford Crawfish Boil!

Eric LOVES crawfish.  He loves cooking them and eating them.  Gavin also shares in his love of crawfish.....as does our nephew Wyatt (whose parents literally had to make him stop eating them). 
We had a crawfish boil a few weeks ago and the boys had sooo much fun.  We had some friends over and the kids got to swim all day. 
I could not partake of the crawfish but Eric made me some amazing crab legs which I scarfed down hidden in a corner so I would not have to share! HA!  I did pig out on the sausage, potatoes and corn and they were ah-ma-zing!!  I also peeled crawfish for Gavin--I couldn't keep up!
Nolen tried the crawfish but said it was "tooooo spicy"!
Before Eric started cooking.....the boys had a BLAST playing with the crawfish. 

Hey Mom....check this thing out!

Can you eat them BEFORE they are cooked?  Oh wait....they are still alive!

This thing is SOOO cool!

He is REALLY checking it out!

1 comments:

Krista said...

so cute! Love those pics of the boys with the crawfish! That one of Nolie is so cute....hes really inspecting it!! Wish I was there for that!!