Monday, June 7, 2010

Mama Bear!


So....ever since I found out that we are having another boy I have had lots of feelings. 
1.  Guilt.....I felt so bad for wishing he was a girl.  What if he heard me?  What if his feelings are hurt?  What if he reads my blog and knows how much I wanted a girl? 
2.  Unappreciative.....we have been trying to get pregnant for a year and finally we are.  We prayed for this baby before he was ever conceived.  I felt so ungrateful for feeling sad that I didn't get my way.  BUT I did get my way because I am pregnant with a healthy baby!!
3.  Protective....as I watched this baby on the ultrasound moving all over, I fell in love.  It didn't matter that he was not a she.....he was perfect.  I wanted everyone else to feel the same way I did.  All of a sudden I felt this overwhelming urge to MAKE everyone be just as excited as they would have been had he been a girl. 
The bottom line is.....we are having another baby!  A precious baby boy!  We are all excited--some of us are still getting there but nonetheless we are happy, appreciative and grateful!

Oh and just so you know how chaotic our house already is.....Nolen threw his sippy cup at our Sony Bravia HD television and it is completely unusable.  He was mad at Gavin because he was watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Gavin changed the channel.  We had a really nice, perfectly good television and now it is gone.  Daddy was pretty upset and had to take a cold shower to calm down.  Both boys are now grounded (ha....a 3 year old and 5 year old grounded) from the television--which has actually been really nice! So....bring on the boys!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I felt the same way about the precious baby boy in my tummy. They always say God doesn't give you more than you can handle,for this I am thankful because I remember what I was like as a teenage girl. YIKES. Thank heavens for little boys.

PS-We had to invest in tv-armor.com when Owen went at ours with a tennis racket.

Krista said...

Good idea on the tv armor Monica- Ali, loved this post! We are all so excited for this Gifford Boy!! You dont have to try to get us ready for him...Just glad he's healthy and happy in mommy's tum <3 Narrowed it down on a name yet??

Lori said...

Girl, I know how you feel. Believe me. Same emotions... the last 4 times I was pregnant!

Anonymous said...

This Nana Bear says, "bring him on!" I had the best time with Gavin and Nolen last week! Can't wait to hold their sweet baby brother.I know it will be crazy but you're raising some amazing boys! But if I remember correctly it was pretty crazy with a couple of girls I know too! You were made for this!

So proud of you!
Great post!
Love you!!!
Mom