Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Family Vacation!

We just got back a few days ago from Myrtle Beach.  Since Eric's sister still lives in the Destin area....vacationing there is not really an option.  We tried it one year and her husband ended up working the whole time and she spent most of her time running back and forth between home and the house we were staying in. 
Anyways......it was VERY crowded.  We are used to the beaches of Destin where you have your own space on the beach and no one is on top of you.  It was a different story there......I think every person who chickened out and decided to cancel their Destin vacation because of the alleged oil (that apparently is not an issue at all) went there instead.  People were everywhere but we still had fun. 
The "adults" got to go out one night and have dinner at a Brazilian Steakhouse.  The food was yum and I ate myself sick.  We also went to this great little surf shop there and got the boys a few things....which is always fun (for me anyways).

The kids played and played and played in the sand.





The boys had fun with their Daddy.....as always.

And we all had fun taking pictures of Elliott.....who ran all over the place for 6 days.  I think she likes the beach!
While Gavin was way too busy playing with all of his cousins....Nolen was happy to let me take pictures of him.
Mommy even made an appearance in a few pics.....for all those of you wanting to see the baby bump!
Don't you love the way Eric is holding my belly in this picture?

2 comments:

Krista said...

these pics are sooo cute!! The boys are getting so big!! Such cuties..and love your belly pics!! see ya soon...

little giffords said...

Nolen is so photogenic! All the pictures of him are too cute. And mommy looks great, too! It's funny - I was working on my beach trip posts last night, too. I'm surprised we didn't post 'em at the same time - again! Ha! Clearly we do waaaay too much stuff together. ;-) Just kidding... Have a safe trip to Florida!