Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Sweet Surprise!

I have been a little overwhelmed.....there is SO much to do before this baby comes.  I feel like we have no where to put anything.  I consider myself a pretty organized person but I have realized that the longer you live somewhere the more junk stuff you accumulate.  When we started cleaning out the guest bedroom to make room for baby I realized that we didn't have anywhere to put all the stuff that had been in the closet of the guest bedroom. 
So....I have to have a garage sale.  Can I just tell you how much I hate having garage sales?  I would almost rather just take it and donate it all rather than go through the trouble of pricing and getting everything ready.....not to mention getting up at the butt crack of dawn to sit in the heat for hours only to listen to people offer you virtually nothing for your items.  However, I just have too much stuff to donate and I know that I could make some money....so garage sale it is. 
Back to the point.......when I went to Florida this past week, Eric was VERY busy.  To be honest, I was getting annoyed because he didn't have time to talk to me. 
This is what he was doing while I was gone................

I had told him what I wanted so that he could go and get the paint while I was gone.  I wanted all the walls taupe and then stripes on one wall.  He apparently can listen very well when he wants to because he did exactly what I wanted.  It looks even better than I imagined.  I still have A LOT to do but I cannot even tell you the load that was lifted when I saw this.  I am not sure who hates painting more....Eric or I.  It just meant so much to me that he did this.....I love him and obviously he loves me too--YAY!  So, now time for a new fan, decorations for the walls and tons of other stuff. 
P.S.  Don't you love my uber fabulous car seat and stroller?.......I sure do!

5 comments:

Krista said...

gorgeous!!! i lvoe love love it!!

Anonymous said...

It is beautiful!!!!! Eric sure did a great job!

Anonymous said...

It is beautiful!!!!! Eric sure did a great job!

Mama O said...

Looks awesome! I love black furniture for a nursery. So chic!

Adrienne said...

I LOVE it!!