Sunday, September 26, 2010

36 Weeks, 3 Centimeters and 80% Effaced......What???

So, I had my weekly appointment this past Tuesday.  My Mom and sister were in town, so my Mom went with me.  Everything was going perfectly normal until she decided to check my cervix...which was closed last week.  I totally expected it to still be closed....so we were shocked when she said I was 3 centimeters and 80% effaced!  She then sent me to have an ultrasound....since I tend to have big babies.  He weighs approximately 6lbs. 5 oz., which is the 60th percentile.  He is not big right now but if he stays in there for 3 or so more weeks....he could be!  I would prefer a newborn and not a baby the size of a 2 month old...but I have no control over it.  Just in case he decides to come early, I immediately got my butt in gear and got all the clothes washed and put away and a bag packed for us.  Eric and I went yesterday and got most of the necessities that we still needed before he gets here. 
So, now we wait....which brings me to my next issue.  If you recall this post, then you remember that my husband is supposed to be going hunting.  We are not really sure what to do.  If he goes and I go into labor....we will obviously both be devastated.  If he doesn't go and nothing happens....he will be devastated.  Is it a chance that we want to take?  So, I guess we are waiting until Tuesday to see if anything has changed since my last appointment and talk to the Doctor and we will go from there.
Don't you love Eric's imitation of my prego pic?
I will let you know what is going on after my next appointment on Tuesday!

4 comments:

Krista said...

Love the pics gorgeous!! Eric u too!! LOL...can't wait to for TUES! <3 u guys!

Anonymous said...

Ali, you look beautiful!! Can't wait to see pic's of the new little man! Stephanie

Jen K. said...

Looking good!

Wow I have no idea what 3cms without the discomfort of labor is like. Or having a baby on time for that matter ; )

Praying baby Cohen makes a safe arrival at the perfect time (and can fit into newborn attire.)

Lori said...

Already 3 cm?! Dang!