Tuesday, September 28, 2010

An Update.....As Promised.

I had my appointment today......I am now 4 centimeters dilated and still 80% effaced.  My Doctor believes that Eric will be fine to go on his trip.  However, to ease my our minds she is bringing me in again at the end of the week to check me again and make sure that I am not progressing more quickly than she expected.  That way....if I am Eric can hop on a plane and get his butt back here.  I am hoping and praying that she is right....but you really never know.  It is amazing to me that some people (me) can be walking around at 4 centimeters dilated and others are in labor at the hospital at 2 centimeters....and in severe pain....crazy!  I guess the good news is....by the time I go into labor, I will be almost half way there....or further!  YAY!  I have definitely been having some contractions, which she says is totally normal when you are 3 or 4 centimeters dilated.  Another few weeks of this and I will be soooo ready to get him out! 
The boys CANNOT wait....they ask me every day when the baby is coming out of my tummy.  Gavin has been a huge help.....he helped me organize the whole nursery, sanitize the pacifiers, organize the drawers and he helped Eric put the swing together.  When Nolen was born, Gavin was only 25 months old so he really didn't know what was going on.  This time they are both older and they really seem to get it....especially Gavin.  It is so exciting!
So....say a prayer for us this week.  That Baby Cohen will stay put until Daddy is back!

3 comments:

Dianne Guthmuller said...

Praying...

Can't wait!

Love,
Mom

Krista said...

praying! did u use your germ guardian for the paci's??

Anonymous said...

Sooo excited for you guys! Can't wait to meet little Cohen.

- Jenny O