Thursday, August 6, 2009

Are you ready for some football???

The time has come....my Gavin is playing his first "organized sport"--flag football. Oh and guess who his super hot, boardshort, sandal wearing--barely ever played football but LOVES it--coach is? That's right....Daddy Eric!!!

Gavin has had practice maybe half a dozen times and has decided that he doesn't like football and wants to play baseball. He told me that he wants to "unsign up". I informed him that he will attend every practice and every game for this season and then if he doesn't want to play after that then he doesn't have to. I followed with "We Giffords are not quitters" (am I a Mom or what?). He replied with "Well this Gifford is a quitter--I wanna quit." Oh well....maybe once they start playing actual games then he will like it better? or maybe not.






Oh...but then there is this little guy. He was crying because he wanted to "pway footbaw too".

1 comments:

Dianne Guthmuller said...

Allison, I love this! You have no idea what a treasure these posts will be as time passes. You are a great writer! I was sad when you were done!

I love you and I am so proud to be your Mom!

Mom