Friday, March 5, 2010

1 Healthy Heartbeat!

I had my final appointment with my fertility Doctor yesterday.  She always does your first ultrasound and then writes a big long report on you and sends it to your OB and then you are done!  (my file is definitely FAT after 3 pregnancies and 2 surgeries). 

We had kind of thought that we were possibly having twins....but we are not.  We did get to see the heartbeat.....and she said everything looked great! 

I was supposed to have my first appointment with my OB today but Nolen got the virus that Gavin had (but much worse--of course) and so I rescheduled it for Tuesday.  Of course, Nolen is feeling totally back to normal today but I didn't want to take the chance of having someone keep him and then get sick. 

When I picked Gavin up from school I showed him the US picture of our new little baby and he stared at it for a minute and then said "Oh, I can definitely see that it's a person!".  That is really good.....all I see is a blob but he already sees a person. 

I am definitely starting to feel pregnant.  The nausea has set in but not as bad as with the boys yet.  It comes and goes right now so its not too bad.  I am definitely tired....I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.  I do think that I am showing a little....and my pants are already tight--AAAAHHHH!!!!!

My due date will be somewhere around October 20th and we will find out what we are having in June--can't wait!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was convinced I was having twins to but, alas, one bambino. It's so great that you got to see the heartbeat. Such nice confirmation that all is going well. So happy for you, Al.

Adrienne said...

I just want to apologize because I'm sure your kids got the stomach virus from mine. It is a nasty one! Congratulations on hearing the heartbeat! So exciting!