Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Stomach Virus 2010!

Thank God it's gone!  I already told you about Gavin and Nolen having the stomach bug. 
Well, I woke up Sunday morning feeling VERY nauseous.  I got a shower and tried to get ready for Church.  Honestly, I thought "Oh geez, here is the morning sickness.  This is MUCH worse than I remember it being with the boys".  I took a Zofran and decided that I could make it to Church.  So off we went.  The Zofran definitely helped some but I was still not feeling well.  
Thank God Eric's parents took the boys home with them after Church.  Eric and I went to grab a quick bite to eat and then he had to go back to Church to film.  I could hardly eat--which if you know me at all is not usually a problem.  We got home and I got in the bed, I fell asleep but woke up beccause I was so miserable.  
Eric left and went to Church and I stayed on the couch and was almost in tears I felt so bad.  Eric finished around 5:30, went and got the boys and came home.  He told me he was feeling pretty bad so I figured he was getting it too.  He made it home and then he started--diarrhea and vomiting (too much information, I know).  
We managed to get the kids to bed and went to bed around 10 and woke up feeling somewhat better.  We are back to normal today and soooo glad that is over.  I noticed a few things during this time.
1.  I never throw up (knock on wood).  I wanted to...that's how nauseous I was but I couldn't.  My sister has earned the title of "puker" in our family.  I cannot tell you the last time I threw up--it has been at least 5 years.  
2.  When you get a virus and you don't throw up but your spouse does--it appears that you are less sick.
3.  Nolen is like his Daddy.  He throws up A LOT and is a little "dramatic" about it.
4.  Gavin is like his Mommy.  Rarely throws up and takes being sick like a champ--so tough.  I am not bragging on myself at all--ok maybe a little.
5.  I will take sinus infections and snot and coughs any day over throw up and diarrhea!!!!

On another note:  First OB appointment today, everything went great!  Official due date is October 23rd!  Let the countdown begin! 

2 comments:

Krista said...

so funny!! I mean not funny for you...but your prospective of it all is funny!!

**Yes, I am the puker and proud of it...at least I can do something when I feel like that*** LOL

So excited for baby #3....cant believe your gonna have three kids soon....geez!

And when you have a girl, you are going to name her Krista right?

<3ya

Lovin Lane said...

Okay so that was so funny... not that fact that your all sick but that little cute green guy was so cute I had to venture on over to read all about you puking or lack of lol.. Congrats on your official due date....