Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Going for a ride.....down the stairs!

It seems like ever since we found out that baby #3 is a boy.....Gavin and Nolen have constantly been doing things to show me how crazy my life is going to be as a Mom to 3 boys.  The most recent scared me to death! 
Sunday night Eric wasn't here and I was sitting in the living room on the couch.  All of a sudden I hear BOOM, BOOM, BOOM as something is flying down the stairs.  My first thought was, "ok...what did the boys throw down the stairs."  When "it" got to the bottom of the stairs and the BOOMS stopped, both of the boys start crying. 
I run into the foyer area and realize that what came down the stairs was my kids.....in a laundry basket!
Nolen is on the stairs (I am thinking he was in the back) and Gavin was on the wood floor in front of the steps.  Somehow they managed to not get badly hurt.  Gavin's ribs were red on one side and he said his leg hurt.  Nolen said his toe hurt. 
Gavin was crying and saying....."I am soooo sorry, I am so so sorry.  I don't want to die!"  Once I assured him that he wasn't going to die and he was fine he said "It just looked fun."
We came into the living room and Nolen said "Mommy, both of your boys got hurt on the stairs. I think we need to cuddle on the couch with a blanket." It was so funny....he thought cuddle time would make them feel better.  So....we cuddled on the couch and Mommy thanked Jesus that we weren't on our way to the hospital for a broken bone or cracked open head!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

These two may have invented a new extreme sport for pre-schoolers! We need to start praying now for their teenage years AND their Mom!

So thankful they're ok! This is such a great memory!!!! LOL

Love you!
Mom