Friday, December 3, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree!

We threw away our artificial tree last year. It was about 8 years old and it needed to go. We were hoping that Eric would have been able to build us a house by now and were going to get a taller tree. Well, that didn't happen this year so we decided that rather than go buy a new tree to fit in this house we would get a real tree this year.
So....we wanted to get the full experience and go to a tree farm, pick out and cut down our tree.  It was fun and I am so glad that we did it that way.  However, I am an artificial tree lover.  I just think it looks prettier and it is so much easier to decorate.  The bottom branches of a real tree settle and that bothers me.  It was fun though and the boys had a blast. 

Sweet Nolie Polie...
Our Big Boy Gavin
My boys looking for the perfect tree.  Notice Nolen frantically running towards me?  All of a sudden he is
terrified of big dogs.  Every time that dog came towards him....he screamed and cried.
Chopping down the tree
Daddy and his boys with our tree.
Baby Cohen was there too....he was sleeping in the truck though.

The finished product!

2 comments:

Dianne Guthmuller said...

Very pretty! Great memories!

Adrienne said...

Love it! Reminds me of the Griswolds. :)