Monday, December 7, 2009

From Bad to Worse....

I was so hoping to be able to say that I now have 20 eggs and they all look amazing....but that is not the case.

Two.....I have two eggs on one side and 0 on the other. I suppose the bright side (I am looking really hard) is that the 2 eggs that I do have are good eggs.

After talking with Dr. H and Eric....we are not going to do insemination this cycle. Dr. H said that she can't tell me that it is worth the cost....with only 2 eggs. We are going to try on our own. I still did my trigger shot (to make me ovulate) and I will still do progesterone so that if I do get pregnant I won't miscarry like I did last time.

Dr. H informed me today that if I do not get pregnant this month that she would try the shots for 2 more cycles and if I don't produce more eggs then there is really nothing else to do. I am on the highest dose of shots available and if they are not helping me to make more eggs then nothing will.

She told me that I am very fortunate that Eric and I started trying at a young age because if we would have waited until now to start a family.....I may not have ever gotten pregnant. I already knew that our boys were miracles....but that just makes me even more aware of just how blessed I am to have them.

I feel like a bomb was dropped on me today. I know that God can work a miracle....like I said before--I only need one egg to get pregnant. My husband, our boys and I all want another baby....I know that God has given us that desire. I think that is the hardest part--I want to give my husband another baby and our boys a sibling and I have NO control over if or when that will happen. I feel in some ways like I am letting them down....

I don't understand why we have to go through this....I don't know why it is soooo easy for some people to get pregnant and seems impossible for me. I want so badly to add to our family and it is so hard knowing that I cannot do what I was created to do.
But...it is amazing to know that there are people out there praying for us. When I get home and check my facebook or blog and I have a comment that God put me and my family on some one's heart at the exact time that I was hearing some not so good news; you just have no idea how much that means to me.
I would appreciate your prayers now.....that God would bless us with a Christmas miracle. A pregnancy would be ideal but if not that then a peace that passes all understanding...because I don't understand.

5 comments:

Krista said...

Ali- That was really really good. I understand exactly how you feel, not with pregnancy but with not understanding why things happen and what the good in it all is...I guess we will all find out in due time. I know that if you feel you are to have another child then you will (one way or the other) and I know you feel broken but thats not the case. I still feel that I have bad Genes because I am a CF carrier and that it's selfish to want to take a chance again on having another baby. But I have to train myself to think, that's not true. I know that so many people who are going through what you are can really get help from your blog like you get help from others you read. I love you and will be praying for a christmas miracle...made the old fashioned way...wink...i love you

Kendra said...

Allison,
Sorry to hear this, it breaks my heart. I am so proud of you for blogging about such a difficult time in your life because it makes you "real". We each think we are the only ones strugglingwith things but no matter how similar or different they are struggles to have faith and the peace that passes all understanding. It makes you,me and others know we were made to need Him and each other! I love you and I am praying for you both to have peace and a miracle one more time!

Adrienne said...

Allison, I really hate to hear this. You will be in my prayers for sure! Thank you for sharing your heart in this difficult time. I have heard so many similar stories recently and they have all had a happy ending. I'll be praying that you will be one of those and that God will give you another precious little miracle. Until then I will pray for peace for you and your family. God bless you and your sweet family.

Anonymous said...

To my Allison,

As a Mom think about the time that you have been the most proud of Gavin or Nolen and multiply that a million times and that's the way I feel right now.

When I see you opening up your heart and sharing your pain, doubts and fears with others; when you could be in the bed in the fetal position, it lets me know that scripture is being fulfilled in your life.

Here's just one example:
Habakkuk 3:18-19

Yet, I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Soveriegn Lord is my strengh; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights.

As Mom I am rejoicing that our God is making your "feet like a deer" to "enable you to go on the heights" (the difficult places and times). The exciting thing is when we go on these kind of heights we get closer to Him.

I'm praying for you and thanking God for the miracles He is performing in your life!

God is faithful when we are faithless! 2 Timothy 2:13

I Love You!
Mom

Lori said...

Girl, listen to this sermon: http://seriouslybecause.com/2009/06/12/too-late/ Praying for you!