Friday, December 4, 2009

Pokey Ovaries (again) and My Boys!

So, as I said in my previous post I had an ultrasound this morning. It didn't go quite as I had hoped.

First of all....I had to take my boys. I definitely did not want to have to explain what was going on to Gavin and Nolen. Thankfully, the nurses are amazing and they brought out coloring sheets and sat with my boys while I did my "stuff".

I found out that my ovaries are still pokey. I am trying to keep in mind what happened last time....they came around and I ended up having a pretty good cycle. However, it is very hard to hear; knowing that you are so ready to be pregnant and have spent a lot of money.

She also told me about how common this is with Endometriosis patients. My body responded so well to this exact process when I was trying to get pregnant with Gavin and Nolen and now it doesn't. She said that what happens a lot of times is by the time you reach age 35....you do not make any eggs at all! Awesome.....I know.

Sooo.....we will continue with the shots and go back on Monday or Tuesday and pray that things are completely different. I know it can happen and I know it only takes one egg so I am "choosing" to think positive thoughts. As my very wise Mother says, "sometimes we say and write what we want to feel....and it helps us to actually feel that way". That made a lot more sense when she said it.

And then....the ride home. How did my boys know that my Doctors appointment had anything to do with having a baby? I have no clue because I did not tell them....but this is how the conversation went on the way home.

Gavin: Mommy, when is Jesus gonna put a baby in your tummy?"

Me: I am not sure Gavin....hopefully very soon.

Gavin: Well....what is taking so long? Can Jesus put a baby in your tummy right now?

Me: Hmmm....well Gavin--Jesus can do anything He wants to do.

Gavin: Well, then why isn't your seatbelt sticking out now cause the baby is in there?

Me: It takes a long time for the baby to grow so my tummy wouldn't be sticking out yet.

Gavin: Elliott (their cousin..who will be 2 in February) is too big for me to hold now....so we need another baby to hold. You know I will help you with my baby sister and Nolen will too. I will hold her and she will try to walk and she will fall down and I will help her up.

Nolen: I wanna hold you baby too Mommy!!!

Mommy: (Fighting back tears at this point) I know you and Nolen will be great big brothers. We just have to pray and ask Jesus to give us a baby.

Kids are so amazing! They have faith when we don't and they make us smile when we don't want to.

Thank you Jesus for my two awesome boys! Oh yeh....and I am ready for another whenever you are!!!

2 comments:

Krista said...

I am sorry to hear that it didnt go well today. Maybe it needs a little more time to make alot of eggs! that what we will pray for...The conversation with the boys was sooo funny! They will be brothers soon....so cute! I love you..ttyl

Anonymous said...

Speaking from one Mom to another, there are no better prayers than those of your children!

Thank you for all the prayers you prayed for me!

So proud of you!

Love, Mom