Thursday, December 24, 2009

Here Comes Santa Claus.....

It is sooooo important to us that our kids not think that Christmas is all about Santa Claus and what you get. We talk WAY more about Baby Jesus and that this is His birthday.

However, Eric and I both grew up believing in Santa and have so many fond memories of all the traditions that our family started. We still have to do everything just like Eric did it when he was little. He does let me have some of my traditions too and we have started a few of our own.

Eric has ALWAYS loved Christmas so much. Gavin is so much like his Daddy...the Christmas lights HAVE to be turned on as soon as he gets out of bed. Eric has DVR'd every Christmas movie that has come on television in the past month and Gavin and Nolen have watched them over and over.

Gavin is at the PRIME of his Santa Claus days. I know that it will be over before we know it and he will be too cool to believe that Santa actually fits down our chimney and leaves him presents. BUT right now.....he believes! It has worked out well for us. Mommy has Santa's cell phone number and we text back and forth. Also, Santa doesn't come to houses with dirty toy rooms so we had to get that cleaned up.

It is so fun seeing the boys enjoy this time of year so much....it reminds me of my best Christmases. Going to Church on Christmas eve and then going to look at Christmas lights. My Dad reading the story of Baby Jesus to us out of this huge cream Bible that we had. Exchanging gifts with my family and experiencing how much fun it was to give.

Oh...one more thing.

Here is a couple of pictures for you....this was at a Christmas party that we went to a few weeks ago. The theme was "Ugly Christmas Sweaters". Eric took this VERY seriously....he even put lights in his sweater. You may be wondering where we got our fabulous Christmas sweaters? From Eric's Mom of course. She came with an entire garbage bag of them....in her defense I haven't seen her wear them in a few years.


This picture was for our Dirty Santa gift. We framed it in a frame that said "always" all the way around it. It was really funny but it wasn't one of those gifts that got stolen. Don't worry....at the end we told them that there was a gift card behind the picture.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

2 comments:

Krista said...

this is so funny! Im leaving your comment on my MACBOOK! I love this thing....Eric I think you should start a new fashion trend and just dress like that all the time...love you guys!

ReBenMyers said...

I totally love your post. Your family sounds just like ours. I am really enjoying the holidays with the kids. We too DVR'd all the specials and we are nuts about some lights. Glad you had a great time.