Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Gavin is 5!!!!

I cannot believe that my sweet baby is 5. The precious little boy who made me a Mommy....and has made me soooo happy ever since the day we found out we were pregnant.

He is getting so big. Of all the things that a little boy turning 5 could want for his birthday....Gavin asked for 1 thing--a booster seat. Why? Because "5 year old boys don't sit in car seats Mommy." And because "I am soooo over this car seat....this is for babies....I am gonna be 5 years old!" When he opened his booster seat this morning...he could not have been any happier.

This is what Gavin has been up to lately.

-He has really thinned out over the past year. He used to be such a little chunk and now for the 1st time since he was born he actually wears the size clothes that goes with his age--5!
-He is still allergic to milk. He knows exactly what he can and cannot eat (he tells me not to worry).
-He is in to anything and everything that his Daddy is in to. Hunting (he told Santa that he wants a real bow and arrow for Christmas), Surfing and Football (he has quite an arm on him--future Tim Tebow I think :)).
-He loves to play with Nolen--most of the time. And when I say play I mean wrestle, fight and steal toys.
-He is learning to read at Mothers Day out....and I must say he is exceptionally smart.
-He is a self-proclaimed Daddy's boy.
-He loves to be at home in his "comfies" (pajamas).....and prefers not to wear underwear--ever (is that too much information? I make him wear them to school).
-He is so sweet and is constantly telling Eric and I that he loves us. If I tell him I love him more....his response every single time is "nobody loves me more than Jesus".

Here are some pics of our big boy from the past 5 years.

Gavin born December 8, 2004 at 5:29 pm. Weighed 9lbs. 1 oz.

Going home


Gavin's 1st Birthday

Christmas 2007

Gavin's 2nd Christmas.



Summer 2008


Summer 2009


We are so proud of you Gavin! We love you so much.

*There will be another post soon about the birthday boy's big day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allison, I just loved remembering! Nanu loves her Gavin boy!


Happy Birthday Gavin!

Love Nanu!

Jen K. said...

Happy Birthday Gsvin!

Jen K. said...

Um yeah, I meant Gavin. Typing with one hand while eating lunch is clearly not working for me!

Krista said...

I love this post...its so sweet remembering Gavin and how he has changed. I remember when you brought him home from the hospital in that outfit..so sweet and depressing all at the same time..Happy Bday Gav, love the tuckers <3u